Rugby's local Sub Aqua club
OUR NEXT TRY DIVE DATES ARE...
Monday 6th March - Public Try Dive (Full)
Monday 13th March - Public Try Dive (Full)
Monday 10th July - Public Try Dive
Monday 11th September - Public Try Dive
Please note: All try dives must booked and paid for in advance, we are unable to run drop in try dive sessions
Have you ever thought about learning to dive but were unsure how or where to get started? Then now is your chance to test out the water with your local dive club...
Rugby Divers hold regular Try Dives costing just £10 at the Queens Diamond Jubilee Sports Centre, so if you have always wanted to learn, would like to have a taster before you go on holiday or simply want to try something new, then a Try Dive with Rugby Divers is for you.
Almost anyone from the age of 12 can learn to dive with Rugby Divers. And to help them get started, participants of Try Dive will be offered an introductory lesson with a qualified BSAC instructor, including poolside tuition on diving skills and equipment, followed by scuba diving in the pool.
And, if the diving bug bites, try divers can then go on to join the club and complete the BSAC Ocean Diver course – an internationally-recognised qualification that is the stepping stone to a lifelong diving adventure, with the waters of the UK and around the world just waiting to be explored.
What happens on the night;
- Meet by the Rugby Divers sign in the reception area of the Queens Diamond Jubilee Centre ready for an 8PM start
- A short briefing in the athletics club house on BSAC, the Club and the Equipment you will use in the pool on the night
- A 60 minute session in the pool under full instruction and guidance from one of our experienced and friendly instructors.
After pool sessions we retire to the club house for a chat with the rest of the members and refreshments, a great opportunity to discuss the events of the night and meet some of our members, as well as discussing enrolment to our next Ocean Diver course!
What do I need to bring?
- Swim wear
- A T-shirt to wear in the water if you prefer
- Your own Mask if you have one and prefer to use it
- A £1 coin for the locker
All other equipment is provided by us.
- Participants must be over the age of 12
- Participants should have no known significant medical problems and will be asked to sign a medical declaration prior to taking part
- Under 18s will need a parent or guardian to be present at the pool during the try dive
- We also require proof of age for juniors
Don't miss out... Get in touch via the contact page to get yourself booked into a session and experience the exhilarating feeling or breathing underwater for the first time now!